Tiny Devotional for RED Friday, 05-10-2024: Remember Everyone Deployed

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family who might drop by, we're running a few hours late.

Wise men store up knowledge,
But with the mouth of the foolish, ruin is at hand.

Proverbs 10:14, NASB


Think of a dammed up river. The water in the reservoir is like the knowledge stored up by the wise.

I'm NOT an outdoorsy-type, however, I have been to a dam on Lake Lanier, and here's what I know about the stored-up water, and how it applies to the knowledge store of the wise:

It's a very calm surface; the knowledge of the wise (KOTW) brings peace, and not turmoil.

It goes DEEP; the KOTW is much more than a few facts useful only in a trivia game. 

Boaters and swimmers only use the surface; casual researchers of the KOTW are entertained and strengthened by exposure.

Fish live in the deep parts; the  KOTW provides those who seek knowledge with useful tools for life.

Even though I'm NOT an outdoorsy-type, my friend is, and he persuaded me to go white-water canoeing. Once! Here's what I know about that, and how it applies to the ruin of the mouth of the fool:

White-water is SHALLOW; the fool yaps about trivial things they have heard.

White-water is TURBULENT; if you listen to a fool, you will get tossed from one point to another.

White-water is DANGEROUS; follow a fool, and you'll wind up as stuff-on-the-rocks.

White-water is COLD; if you fall in with listening to a fool, you'll yearn to get out INSTANTLY. 

Don't let this sound too negative about my actual white-water experience. I really DID have fun falling out of the canoe, but I was glad of the life-jacket.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. A lot of wisdom in this blog🛶🦄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Much wisdom and a good dose of laughter 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God my Brother Pat for the wisdom we learn from the tiny devotional. Indeed there is an analogy between white-water and the mouth of the fool. 👍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 05-08-2024

Tiny Devotional for Saturday, 05-04-2024

Tiny Devotional for RED Friday, 05-03-2024