Tiny Devotional for Thursday, 05-09-2024

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family who might drop by, the cats will ignore you.

The last words of, and warning against, the Woman of Folly:
“Stolen water is sweet;
And bread eaten in secret is pleasant.”
But he does not know that the dead are there,
That her guests are in the depths of Sheol.

Proverbs 9:17-18, NASB


I'm glad these are the last words of the Woman of Folly; I'm sick of her. That's because I know something that the naive youth does not, which is that all her promises are lies, and that destruction is on her path.

How do I know? Well, unfortunately, I have made a mistake or two in my youth, when my body made so much noise that my brain couldn't listen. It's not entirely to my credit that I survived; you might call what I had good luck, or heavenly provision, or even say it was an angel watching over me. If it's important to me when I get to heaven, I can probably find out then. 

I can imagine a scene in which I meet with a majestic messenger of God, and when I stop blubbering, I cry out “So it was you all along!”

What trouble is my angelic messenger protecting me from today? 

I think I hear a voice saying: “This, too, shall pass.” While age, experience, and habit protect me from youthful sins, I can still be distracted by news of bad things done by bad people. When I'm  tempted to hate them, it reminds me that hate is the depths of Sheol; and I was set free by Love, and for Love. 

And who the Son sets free is free indeed.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. Truly, FREE Indeed. Amen my Brother Pat 👍. Thank God for the Love ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 05-08-2024

Tiny Devotional for Saturday, 05-04-2024

Tiny Devotional for RED Friday, 05-03-2024