Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 10/27/2020

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And, to any family members who dropped by, have a banana!

A stone is heavy and the sand weighty,
But the provocation of a fool is heavier than both of them.
Proverbs 27:3, NASB


I made the mistake of reading a couple of emails before I started this post. I hope never to do so again.

In fact, I wonder if maybe I should eliminate email from my life.

Of course, it just got worse, when Alicia Ann glided into our bedroom showing off her planned costume for today, which is Biker Day at high school.

I had to explain to her, one more time, that she is Frighteningly Beautiful; that for her to show cleavage is unsportsmanlike conduct, like dynamiting fish. It’s better now; she put on a T-shirt. But, my blood pressure spiked.

A fool WILL provoke; it’s what they do. Whether it’s a government agency overstepping boundaries, a neighbor who refuses to be courteous, or a gorgeous teen-age daughter, (with high moral standards!), who just can’t seem to get it in her head that high school boys are more-or-less HELPLESS when confronted with female pulchritude, they will provoke.

And because I didn’t sleep well last night, I am not inclined to put up with much provocation. In fact, I had already written an email to my credit union, bawling them out for “upgrading” the online interface, before I ever started this Tiny Devotional.

Would repeating “I will not let the provocation of a fool get to me,” over and over, help?

Look: the provocations of fools ARE going to come your way today. It’s not optional. Please remember, YOU don’t have to be a fool, too!

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. Amen!!! And they’re are so many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!!!! And there are so many out there. Plenty of opportunity to learn this dance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023