Tiny Devotional for Friday, 11/13/2020

 A great good morning to my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, left-overs make a great breakfast.

A good person leaves an inheritance to his grandchildren,
And the wealth of a sinner is stored up for the righteous.

Proverbs 13:22, NASB


Some long time ago, I was listening to a prominent financial teacher speaking of Biblical financial concepts. He spoke of this verse, in the context of tax benefits that apply, and up until five minutes ago, THAT’S what this Tiny Devotional was going to address.

Five (+) minutes ago, Alicia Ann came downstairs and asked me for two dollars. 

“Sure,” I said, and pointed to my desktop. “Do you see my wallet?”

She didn’t see my wallet.

“Well, go look on my bedside table.” Those are the ONLY places my wallet goes, by the way.

It wasn’t there, either.

So I looked. Not there. Not here.

I looked with a flashlight.

Not there. Not here.

I looked in the car. Nope.

I looked in the pants I wore, and even in the jacket I didn’t wear, and in the laundry, and in the kitchen, and it’s not on the table on the back porch, where I sat and was counseled by Uncle Mylon a couple of days ago.

Fruit at the bottom of the bowl? (Bradbury reference)

Maybe it’s in the bag of bananas, or the bag of squash, I bought at the grocery. I came straight home from there, and haven’t been out since.

At least, I know where my towel is. 

A good person leaves an inheritance for his grandchildren; I have a shot at goodness. I’m truly glad it doesn’t say a good person knows where his wallet is. 

Peace be on your household.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023