Tiny Devotional for Monday, 11/16/2020

 A great GOOD MORNING to all my friends and neighbors out there in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by: I hope you slept well last night.

The Lord has made everything for its own purpose,
Even the wicked for the day of evil.
Proverbs 16:4, NASB


A 300 word Tiny Devotional is NOT the place for me to wax theological, but I want to address God making the wicked for the day of evil.

When I was a brand-new Christian in 1973, I believed that God was the IMMEDIATE cause of EVERYTHING.  I was in the Army, stationed in Germany, and I spent all my free time with a CLOSE group of other believers. The car won’t crank first time? That means God doesn’t want us to go. They ignored me; we went anyway.

The good aspect: I was thinking about God all the time, instead of thinking about how I could get high.

The bad aspect: Because everything was a sign from God, I spent ALL my time trying to interpret signs, and very little time in action. (It made me a bit crazy, but I didn’t tell anybody, so they didn’t send me to a shrink. And, I DID get better! )

Yes, God made us; God made everything. But He does NOT control us like puppets. He gave people the power to choose. We can heal, or kill;  build, or destroy. 

Could God undo the actions of the wicked, every time, so they wouldn’t be wicked? Yes, if He wanted robot slaves, instead of children. 

As a father of adult children, I understand this, a bit.

God makes the wicked, the same way He make the righteous: He gives us freedom, and permits consequences (with occasional miracles).


Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. He gives us the 'latitude' to choose, for good or evil, but it's OUR choice, sadly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got our warning from the Tower of Siloam about expecting everything that happens to be immediately apparent in its meaning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023