Tiny Devotional for R E D Friday, 11/06/2020

A great good RED (Remember Everyone Deployed) FRIDAY morning, to my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who came here: Miss Evelyn still has all her finger-and-toe nails. And then some.

There are six things that the Lord hates,
Seven that are an abomination to Him:
Haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
And hands that shed innocent blood,
A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that run rapidly to evil,
A false witness who declares lies,
And one who spreads strife among brothers.
Proverbs 6: 16-19, NASB

Don’t get distracted by the six-seven thing; it’s just a rhetorical tool to emphasize importance. It’s similar to saying “I’ve been doing this for a minute,” meaning a long time.

Between them, the Democrats and Republicans have committed all seven abominations. I know some will be offended by this post, and for that, I AM sorry. In the past, I have avoided making  statements about political issues, not because I was striving to be non-partisan, but because I really don’t care for politics. Sewage treatment plants? Heck, yeah! But politics? Nope. Same subject, but without the glamour. Or benefits. 

I have skin in THIS game: unity IN CHRIST. 


This is a picture of two of my grandchildren, Heath and Nyle.  The Enemy wants to change his embrace into a stranglehold; to change her caress of his face into a slap. 

I’m not having it.

For well over a century, men in my family demonstrated a willingness to die for what we believed. That was actually pretty easy; all we had to do was join the army (Army Air Corps, Navy, Marines, whatever). 

Am I willing to LIVE for what I believe?

Today, I will ask for help. 

I’ll let you know how that goes.


Peace be on your household.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023