Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 05-08-2024

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family who might drop by, bring a treat for the puppy dogs.

Wisdom speaks:
I love those who love me;
And those who diligently seek me will find me.

Proverbs 8:17, NASB



There is a double promise here.

First, wisdom promises that this is NOT going to be a one-sided love affair. THAT'S a relief! Search your memory, for that crush you had on someone in the 6th grade that wasn't returned. Hopefully, that was the LAST time you found yourself in a one-way relationship, but we all had to learn. 

Second, wisdom promises that all we have to do to find her is seek for her. We DON'T have to get dressed up with brains, education, or any achievements whatsoever; all we have to do is seek her, and she will be found.

This may be a promise that can only be appreciated by someone who has had to make their living in sales (or recruiting). I did that for too many years, slaving away on the road or on the telephone, never knowing if I was going to be able to find and close a deal. I would tell myself that there was a deal out there, just waiting for me to find it, and that kept me moving. Unfortunately, it was a hope based on nothing but self-programming; a positive mental attitude based on nothing but my own need to make a living. Too often, there was no payoff.

We all have wondered if our lives will pay off, if there is a pot of gold at the rainbow's end. In this most important search of our lives, the answer is: YES.

It's a beautiful promise.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. A lovely heart warming post. One of the sweetest you've written ❤️ 🦄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely right my Brother Pat, Wisdom wants us to know that it is not a one-sided love, it is a mutual affection of both Wisdom and the seeker of wisdom. All we have to do is to Seek Wisdom and we can and will surely find it as promise.
    Praise God my Brother Pat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Saturday, 05-04-2024

Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 08-09-2024