Tiny Devotional for Thursday, 12-03-2020

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, it’s MO coffee in my cup.

Blessed is a person who finds wisdom,
And one who obtains understanding.
For her profit is better than the profit of silver,
And her produce better than gold.
She is more precious than jewels,
And nothing you desire compares with her.
Proverbs 3:13-15. NASB

30+ years ago, my church sang Integrity’s Hosanna! Music lyricist Lynn Deshazo’s praise chorus:

Lord, You are more precious than silver;
Lord You are more costly than gold;
Lord, You are more beautiful than diamonds;
And nothing I desire compares with You.

Our worship team introduced a modification:

Father, You are…

Jesus, You are…

Spirit, You are…

And then, in an inspired moment, Pastor David taught us to sing this variant with a SECOND modification:

Brother, you are…

Sister, you are…

And nothing God desires compares with you.

Yea, and Amen: regardless of what we WERE, we are transformed by His love into something beautiful.

And then: I was running the kitchen on a retreat, and we were asked to prepare a salad for the lovely and gracious Mrs. Beth, the wife of Herb, the retreat leader. 
An ELEGANT salad was prepped, and I grabbed a small worship team to make a singing delivery, and I lead them in this chorus. 
All was well, until I added the “Sister, you are..” variant at the end, and then I watched horror appear on the team’s faces, as they realized the line “nothing I desire compares with you” was coming up, and it was going to sound creepy. 

OOOPS.

I just sang loud; it was okay.

Moral: prep the salad, and the singers, too.


Peace be on your household.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023