Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-02-2021

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, check your pulse-ox; it’s the only way to be sure.

For if you cry out for insight,
And raise your voice for understanding;

Proverbs 2:3, NASB

...this happens.

“Lower your voice, please; you are attracting attention...” (or) “...you are embarrassing me.”

Ever said those words to your kid? Ever had those words said to you?

I’ve had them said to me, and if I didn’t say them to my kids, it’s because I never gave a rip for decorum. It certainly wasn’t because my kids never asked loud questions.

(Exception: I cared about decorum when my mother would reach over and pinch a big piece of meat out of my leg in church to get me to sit still.)

The point is that if a child wants something, or wants to know something, badly enough, they are going to ask. Loudly.

In the context of this verse, that’s what we are to emulate. Take it to the extreme:
You know those kids who pitch a temper tantrum in the store because they want a toy? 
Maybe we are supposed to be THAT kid, to long for insight and understanding so fiercely that we are willing to make a scene, and be regarded by passers-by as aggravating. I’ll admit that I’m not sure what this would look like. 

Although: when my gift-from-God, happily-ever-after trophy wife Vanessa, the elegant, foxy, praying black grandmother of Woodstock, GA, is seeking God on behalf of her children or grandchildren, she has been known to frighten the cats. (I’ll pay for telling you that.)

Seek wisdom ferociously, and risk scaring a cat. It’s the only way to be sure.

Peace be on your household.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 05-23-2023

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023