Tiny Devotional for RED Friday, 09-09-2022

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, Piper and Bailey bark hello.

Wisdom says:

For by me your days will be multiplied,
And years of life will be added to you.

Proverbs 9:11, NASB

Live long, and prosper

Did you know EYE VITAMINS are a thing? 

On Tuesday, Dr. Singh suggested AREDS (for Age Related Eye Disease) vitamins to slow down the progression of my age-normal cataracts and macular degeneration. This morning, I added two a day to my medication dispenser.

If it takes you longer to take your morning medications 
than it used to take you to get dressed, 
it’s a sign you are getting older. 
(Achievement: UNLOCKED!)

I was a confirmed science fiction fan by age 10, so OF COURSE I wanted to live forever. There were so many planets for me to explore! So many girls to kiss! I needed a thousand years, at least!

Then I read about Tithonus, and the Struldbruggs in ‘Gulliver’s Travels.’ These had eternal life without eternal youth, a fate to be ENTHUSIASTICALLY avoided. It DID, however, clarify that what I really wanted was not just years, but years that mattered. And that helped me reject (eventually) the “Live fast, die young, leave a good-looking corpse” lifestyle. That is a guarantee of a meaningless existence, as transitory as “tears in the rain.”

Wisdom has already added years to my life, and that’s good; but even better, my days are multiplied every time I invest in others: 

  • welcoming Kenneth to the family  tradition of military service; 
  • pushing Nyle in the swing; 
  • greeting the new family in the subdivision;
  • writing this blog post.

I’m in more places than I was, and that’s multiplication.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023