Tiny Devotional for Thursday, 09-22-2022

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, Cheerios and lactose-free milk.

He who sows iniquity will reap vanity,
And the rod of his fury will perish.

Proverbs 22:8, NASB


This morning, my gift-from-God, happily-ever-after trophy wife Vanessa, the elegant, foxy, praying black grandmother of Woodstock, GA, reminded me of the scene where Saul tried to pin David against the wall.
Now, Saul DID have some enemies at the time, but David wasn’t one of them. In fact, David was one of the greatest fighters against Saul’s enemies, the Philistines. But Saul unleashed the rod of his fury against David, and it perished.

So, that part is pretty clear to me. At least, if we can expand the meaning of “rod of his fury” to include any manifestation of power, to satisfy some fit of pettiness. I don’t know if it will also apply to just plain rudeness, but I’m willing to raise my hand, slightly, for that as well. 

Part of the deal is this: some people just don’t know how to act. And, in that case, I don’t know if their ignorance is held against them in the same way that malice is. 

But I DO believe that if a person with authority is inclined to throw temper tantrums, they will forfeit their power.
Eventually.
I don’t like that word so much. Rather have it be ‘immediately.’
Except: if we were to get our deserved consequences immediately, we would all be dead some time before last week. Right?
I THINK the way it works is that God gives us TIME plus CLUES to get our acts together. 
At least, that’s how He’s dealt with me.


Peace be on your household.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 05-23-2023

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023