Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 09-20-2022

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, Cheerios and difficulties.

The sluggard does not plow after the autumn,
So he begs during the harvest and has nothing.

Proverbs 20:4, NASB

A Sluggard's Inbox

You know what else a sluggard doesn’t do? He doesn’t throw the empty hot chocolate or breakfast snack package in the trash; or close the cabinet doors; he doesn’t check his work; he doesn’t RECORD his work. 

That’s because the sluggard doesn’t think THAT part of the job is important. “I’ve got the job done!” the sluggard thinks, and merrily slugs away. 

Here’s the kicker: sometimes, the sluggard DOES have the important part of the job done. For example: I spent quite a few years in sales (selling shows, vacuum-cleaners, mainframe computers) and marketing (college admissions). In those cases, the hardest, and FIRST essential part, was in making the sale, or convincing the prospect. Without question!

But the SECOND essential part was documenting the transaction. 

The first sales chewing-out I ever heard was my best buddy get rebuked for failure to file the paperwork to record some vacuum-cleaner related sale, because : 

If you don’t write it down, it didn’t happen.

And if you DID write it down, then you have evidence that it did happen, which has saved me on more than a couple of occasions. 

This morning, I discovered I failed to accurately record the correct chapter and verse used in the Tiny Devotional, AT LEAST on 10/20/2021. Now, instead of doing something else, this sluggard has to go back and review some unknown number of posts, until I find my initial error.  

The job isn’t finished until the paperwork is done CORRECTLY!


Peace be on your household.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 05-23-2023

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023