Tiny Devotional for Monday, 06-26-2023

A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, it’s Monday. 


Like a dog that returns to its vomit
Is a fool who repeats his folly.

Proverbs 26:11, NASB

Oh, YUCK! I haven’t had breakfast yet, and now, I’m not sure that’s going to happen.

I’m inclined to believe the most significant aspect of this verse is that the writers of the Bible were real people, who were willing to go to any length to get the point across. 
I guess I contributed to the writing of hundreds, maybe thousands, of documents for institutions over the years.  There was always someone who objected to some turn of phrase I thought was on point. (I even had a boss once who didn’t like the notepads I used!) It made for a frustrating, sometimes demoralizing process.
So, while I’m slightly nauseated at the verse, I’m also (internally) wildly cheering at the audacity and authority of the author:

He got animal puke included in the Bible!

I consider this a triumph, shared by all wordsmiths, across the globe, and across the ages. Yay, us! 

Our task, you see, is to COMMUNICATE, not to flatter or please. The greater the message, the more important that is.

God is, after all, the ULTIMATE Communicator, using every method, not just words. I believe the most important message is salvation, and He used the bloody horror of the Crucifixion to communicate that. 

After salvation, we ask ‘How do we live this out?” That’s the message of the Book of Proverbs, it provides PRACTICAL, day-to-day instructions on how we are to handle bosses, money, family, and everything else coming our way.   

That’s worth some Monday morning grossness, isn’t it?

Peace be on your household. 

Comments

  1. ❤️πŸ¦„. Question My Moses. Is going back to work on Monday to the job that made you vomit last week mean the same thing? πŸ€”πŸ˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, but it sure can FEEL like the same thing.

      Delete
  2. Good word, and a great perspective on writing in general

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen for this devotional my Brother Pat. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023