Tiny Devotional for RED Friday, 06-02-2023

A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, it’s RED Friday!

Who delight in doing evil
And rejoice in the perversity of evil;

Proverbs 2:14, NASB

The topic under discussion is: “Things Wisdom Will Protect You From,” and delighted evil-doers are under consideration.

My first response, lasting all of a few seconds, was “Oh, this is harsh! Who would do such a thing?”
I had a lovely moment in which I contemplated the inherent goodness of man, and rejected the idea of one who would do evil for its’ own sake.
And then, I remembered being 17, and driving across the lawn of some person I didn’t know; for no reason, other than having a perverse heart.

Wisdom saved me from my perverse heart a few years later, when I became a Christian (although I confess I was a recalcitrant student). Going further, my program of recovery from alcoholism helped me repair the damage I had brought to myself and others. 

But, this morning, as I’m writing about this rather dark topic, and remembering the darkness of that teen-age time, I’m feeling REALLY bad. Have I really changed? What evidence do I have to show it?

Enter the Philippine youth group S.W.A.T. (Soul Winning Action Team) to the rescue!

Some time ago, I was able to help them get a freezer that they use to make ‘ice candy,’ in six delicious flavors. They sell them at their schools, and the revenue supports their church youth program and their community outreach. 

And to bless me, they gave the freezer a name, in my honor:

It’s EVIDENCE of redemption!

And now, instead of rejoicing in perversity, I’m rejoicing in Wisdom, amends, and blessings!

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. If YOU wish to provide support for the youth group at the Bible Baptist Christian Church in Bogo City, Philippines, I will be DELIGHTED to share contact information with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks my Brother Pat, it's heartwarming indeed. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023