Tiny Devotional for Thursday, 03-21-2024

A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family who might drop by, got some delicious old donuts!


The righteous one considers the house of the wicked,
Turning the wicked to ruin.
Proverb 21:12, NASB

If there was anything that would make me feel sorry for the wicked, it's when I consider their house. Buying a house has DEFINITE advantages over renting, but when something goes wrong, you can't call maintenance to come fix it. 

Recently, I had to call on the septic tank professionals for the third time. The first two times, Mr. Robert was able to work his magic and repair the damage done by pine tree roots, but this time, the entire front of the tank was caved in, and it had to be replaced. So, my front yard got all torn up by the backhoe, and we got a new septic tank. Now what? Do I invite my friends over and have them see how easy it is to flush the toilet?  

A leak in the roof NEVER heals by itself. It only gets worse, and if I hadn't fixed it, it would have rotted out the walls. That just came from wind damage; I had a whole 'nother set of problems when the raccoons moved in.

It's the nature of houses that wear and tear DEMAND attention and other resources from the homeowner. If it were only the PHYSICAL reality we were speaking of, that would be bad enough. However, we live in the spiritual as well, and if we ignore the wear and tear on spiritual things, our life will be spent sleeping in wet, moldy rubble.

Yup; righteousness and maintenance are the better choice.

Peace (not pieces) be on your household.



Comments

  1. Amen my Brother Pat, I like what you wrote at the last, "Righteousness and maintenance are the better choice in our Spiritual life. When we notice some wear and tear in our life we need to make and action and attention.
    Praise God my Brother Pat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023