Tiny Devotional for Monday, 04-15-2024

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family who might drop by, have some Cheerios.    

The way of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord,
But He loves one who pursues righteousness.

Proverbs 15:9, NASB



This proverb is not a perfect parallel, because it contrasts God feels about the WAY of the wicked with how He feels about the PERSON who pursues righteousness. That leaves a little room for the person who is behaving wickedly. We have a saying: 'hate the sin, love the sinner.' 

That's not intended as an excuse for bad behavior, but it might be a small way in which we can understand the difference between who we are, and what we do.

Certainly, what we do comes out of who we are, but: sometimes, I mess up. I don't believe for a moment that my overall desire to pursue righteousness is going to make my rudeness or impatience an okay thing for me. Yesterday, I attended a charming performance at church, conducted by our youth group. In the midst of their singing, dancing, and speaking parts, I allowed some back pain to get my attention. And I...

...I looked at my watch!

“How much longer is this going to last,” I thought. 

Ooops. The way of the wicked intruded!

Now, you might not think that looking at my watch was a bad thing, but you would be wrong. I didn't go to that program so I could check my watch! I attended, to show my appreciation for all the hard work that went into getting the production together. Fortunately, everyone else in attendance didn't behave like me. 

Pursuing righteousness takes simple forms sometimes, like: paying attention. 

That's all!

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. Amen my Brother Pat, I did smile when you write, that the way of the wicked intruded, I guess the back pain say it all.
    Back pain is never a joke but at the end there is that wisdom "Paying attention in pursuing righteous matters"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023