Tiny Devotional for Christmas Eve, Thursday, 12-24-2020

 A great good Christmas Eve morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, use nails, not just care, to hang those stockings.

By wisdom a house is built,
And by understanding it is established;
And by knowledge the rooms are filled
 
With all precious and pleasant riches.
Proverbs 24:3-4, NASB

Houses protect us from the elements, right? So, do you wait until the tornado/blizzard hits to start construction?

This morning, I remembered some great kindness an old friend showed me, and I sent him a small thank-you note. He was a great help during the worm-eaten years of 2007-2010, when, in rapid succession, I lost my health, my career, my marriage, and was one miracle away from losing my house. 

I didn’t lose my three children. They provided a solid reason to live, as well as the means for doing it. 
I didn’t lose my church family.  The good brother I texted this morning supported my tottering steps, as I tried to return to some kind of normal. When my illness prevented me from driving, he and his family went out of their way to take me to church, and they loved me through it all.

It was wisdom (even if I wasn’t thinking in those terms) that built those relationships during good times, to protect me from the perils of the bad times.

You may think these times are bad. Maybe so; but I promise you, THEY CAN GET WORSE. Don’t wait until then to build your house! You already have SOME contacts, maybe a lot; well, STRENGTHEN them! Send a note of appreciation, bake a cake, whatever will manufacture some more love.

(And don’t wait for an ammo shortage to stock up!)

Peace be on your household.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023