Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 11-30-2021

A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, we start with leftover cherry pie.

I’ve been utilizing the verse-by-verse, in order system of writing the Tiny Devotional since last May, and it both liberates and constrains. The constraint is that I HAVE to deal with the verse that is next up in the rotation; I don’t get to pick one I want to write about. The liberation is that if I am ever accused of writing AT someone, in reaction to something they have done or said, I can say, “Nope. It’s just the verse that came up in rotation.” 

There is a kind of person who curses his father
And does not bless his mother.
Proverbs 30:11, NASB


To get the full impact of this verse, you need to read verses 11-14, but putting it mildly: it’s not good to be KOP (for “Kind Of Person”). 

We know nothing about KOP’s father and mother, because they don’t matter for this verse, because they don’t matter to KOP. His parents aren’t the reason for his behavior; they are just in the path of his childish selfishness. He never misses an opportunity to talk about how he has been mistreated. 

There are a LOT of well-functioning people today who had AWFUL parents, but you’ll never hear about it. They don’t make excuses; they make plans to succeed. They learn how to become great parents.

“They built a bridge, and got over it.” (Thanks, Bonnie!)

KOP’s too busy for bridge-building; it’s hard work to carry a grudge! Relationships have to wait. Often, so does education and employment. KOP’s too busy, manufacturing excuses. 

They will be needed. 

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. I will say, in my young adult life (18-24, we'll say) I could have been described as a KOP. My parents had ruined my life, they were stupid, they were the reason for my addictions to basically every substance known to man, they hated me, they only wanted bad things to happen to me, and dang it if they wanted it, I would grant them that wish!!!!!
    Then I realized the problem: my own selfishness, arrogance, and pride. I am IMMENSELY blessed to have FORGIVING, GOD-FEARING parents who told me I was beautiful and told me that all was forgiven, and were willing to work with me to restore our relationship. And now that I'm a parent, when my children tell me they hate me, I can, with no exaggeration, tell them it's okay, I love them, and I'm not going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love leftover cherry pie! :) that's a great message!! Here's to short-lived KOP experiences and growing in maturity!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not unknown.......hahaha, it's Diana Skeete.

      Delete
  3. Learn to become great parents. Good word my Brother Pat. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 05-23-2023

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023