Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 08-22-2023

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, the new Cheerios includes flakes.

He who loves purity of heart
And whose speech is gracious, the king is his friend.

Proverbs 22:11, NASB

You know what? Rednecks and kings don’t mix. That’s why a simple traffic stop often results in a redneck sitting in the back of a police car, with a black eye.

But THIS morning? I ain’t gonna see no king;
I am, however, going to see a judge, on behalf of someone else. 
That’s why I trimmed my beard last night. It just makes good sense to make a good impression.
If I had prepared better, I’d have gotten a haircut, too. I hope that doesn’t cause me problems, because I really need to find favor with the judge.

I can fake my appearance, but nobody can fake a pure heart. ‘Purity of heart’ means you only seek ONE THING, and it doesn’t happen overnight. 
Nor should it! It’s a life-long commitment; it’s like a marriage, not like a wedding.  

Sister Carmel, a lady I’ve never met, was ushered into the presence of the King this past weekend. Her heart was pure; her speech was gracious; she and the King are old friends. She had many friends on earth, too, and they are missing her now. Would you please pray for them?

I’m out of time; I owe you 49 words.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. Praying for favor and grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We received favor beyond anything we had hoped for! Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying, brother! Concerned about why, but that’ll come if you desire.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023