Tiny Devotional for RED Friday, 03-29-2024 (Remember Everyone Deployed)

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family who might drop by, care for some oatmeal?

A fool always loses his temper,
But a wise man holds it back.

Proverbs 29:11, NASB

A foolish Papa loses his dogs, 
But a wise Papa holds them back.

Yesterday, I had to take our dogs Bailey and Piper to the vet. They RAN to the car, tangling my legs in their leashes, and stood there quivering until I opened the door, and let them in. When we got to the vet, they eagerly followed my lead into the building; Piper hesitated, a bit, when it was time to leave Papa and go get her bath. They were just as eager to go home with me when I came to get them a few hours later. 

They are very good dogs, very obedient, with one exception: if someone is in the street, or our neighbors are in their yard, and Bailey is outside, he will run at them. He will NOT stop, no matter how much or how loud we call him, until he has checked them out. He's a big dog, too, and even though he doesn't bite, or make ANY contact, it's not a very nice event.

I've GOT to come up with a solution; I can't alienate my neighbors.

This is the parable of the dogs and the temper. 

Do I have a big, frightening temper, that is unleashed on new things? Do I let it loose on people and scare them? 

If so, is it any excuse if I don't actually hit anyone? I think not.

I have a duty to restrain my dog; I have a duty to restrain my temper. 

 Peace be on your household.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023